Following are some of the items we are always in need of:
39 gallon trash bags
50 foot garden hoses
Peanut butter (for dog Kongs)
Rubber toys that can be sanitized
Puppy and kitten replacement milk
Avery labels #5163 (2"x4")
Gas gift cards for transports
Gift cards to Walmart, Petsmart or Petco for other supplies
Adopting an animal from the Humane Society of Saline County is a rather straightforward procedure. There is a one-page adoption form that must be filled out and approved. The adoption fee for any animal (dog or cat, regardless of age) varies from $75 to $300, which covers the cost of shots, worming and spaying/neutering through our spay/neuter clinic. We will follow-up on the animal once you've adopted it, and reserve the right to reclaim the animal if you have not honored the conditions of the contract. At any time, if you find you cannot keep an animal you adopted from us, please return him or her to us. Also, the Humane Society does not discriminate against any potential adopters--hey, we'll even look past it if you're not an Arkansan. The staff at the Humane Society is here to help! Feel free to ask them questions about the pets you see and what type of pet would fit into your lifestyle. And although puppies are cute, consider adopting an older dog. An adult dog can go longer between 'potty breaks', can be more easily housetrained, and doesn't usually 'chew on everything in sight' like a teething puppy can. Pets you adopt from us have been spayed or neutered, vaccinated, wormed and deemed healthy. You should visit your vet soon to get your pet on heartworm preventative medication, and it's a good idea to purchase a flea and tick preventative. With the mild winters we experience here in Arkansas, heartworms and other parasites are a year-round possibility.
The Humane Society of Saline County was founded on June 19, 1975, and received its charter from the state of Arkansas in August of that year. The organization's objectives are:
* To provide a temporary refuge for stray, homeless and deserted animals and to place such animals in good homes wherever
* To receive and care for suffering animals.
* To prevent all forms of cruelty to animals by every legitimate means.
* To carry humane education, in all possible ways, into schools and homes of Saline County.
* To return lost pets to their rightful owners upon reasonable proof of ownership within a reasonable period of time and upon payment of
a reasonable fee, as established by the society's board of directors, with such fee to be based on costs of maintenance and care.
* To end suffering, in a humane manner, of any animals for which it is not possible to cure its infirmities. Decisions of this nature are
made with the advice of a qualified Doctor of Veterinary Medicine.
* To meet the moral obligations of disease control and population control through humane methods--spaying and neutering.
* To not allow anything in the management of the society to interfere with receiving the full support of all persons, regardless of race,
religion or political persuasion.
The Humane Society of Saline County is a (501)(c)(3) non-profit organization. The shelter is open Wednesday through Saturday from noon until 4pm. It is located at 7600 Highway 183 in Bauxite, Arkansas. You can reach the shelter by calling 501-557-5518. Please mail any correspondence or donations to P.O. Box 305, Benton, AR, 72018-0305.
Humane Society of Saline County
P.O. Box 305
Benton, AR 72018